1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Have you fallen victim to your own beliefs? Do you give others power to influence your emotions? Do you believe that other people can dictate your happiness?
You have the final say in what you think and feel. The truth is you have more than enough inner power to survive and thrive the most negative of circumstances. Know your reality.
Here are a few ideas to help deal with a negative workplace.
- Choose to thrive despite the toxic influence; find creative ways to resist the negative in your environment. Use your creativity to stay mentally and spiritually alive.
- Choose to live with dignity and never cave to the negative forces.
- Affirm the meaning in life, in-spite of your hardships. Meaning can be found in the most horrible of situations.
- Keep faith in yourself, faith in your loved ones, and faith in God.
- Maintain Hope, no matter hopeless the situation. Find the courage to fight another day, no matter how difficult and painful.
- Find humor in your ordeal.
Whatever your situation learn to love it.