“Everything can be taken from a man, but the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude…” – Victor Frankl
Inside many modern planes is an attitude gauge. The basic function of the attitude gauge is to show the pilot the position of the plane in relation to the earth’s surface. Our personal attitude is an indicator also. If we have a negative attitude then we are off course. A positive attitude shows that life is either being managed or blissfully accepted. Our attitude can be changed for the better.
To get on course I suggest 5 basic steps;
- Be still and know that God lives in you, understand that you were created in the image of God and you are one of His children.
- Accept your life the way it is. Look at the harsh realities.
- Get a basic idea of where you are going. Create a vision of your ideal life. Finish the sentence; If my life were ideal I would be….? Make the commitment to see your dreams come true.
- Count your blessings, gifts and advantages.
- Take care of your health and well-being; it’s worth fighting for.
Whatever your situation learn to manage it.